The fair main area is on Besalu’s Plaça Prat de Sant Pere and Plaça dels Claustres. The other venues are only a 3-minute walk away.
On the 2th and 3th of October, 11 am to 2 pm and 4 pm to 7.30 pm.
Access to all activities is free. In case of limited places, they will be assigned on a first come first served basis. If registration is needed, the same will apply.
If it rains… SHOW MUST GO ON!
The only difference is you’ll need an umbrella and a little stroll to the alternative spaces, where the fair as well as the activities will then take place (Town Hall Square Arcades, Sant Julià Old Hospital, Cúria Real Cultural Space and Cal Tronc Theatre). Don’t panic! Everything is less than a 2'-3' walk away!
Activities with kids
Probably kids won’t feel like poking around books all day long, that’s why we have arranged a small playground on the square, and loads of fun family activities too! Find out more on the “Kids section”.
I need to find a…
CASH POINT: They are all at a 3-minute walk from the fair, at Avenida President Companys: Banco Popular (no. 3), BBVA (no. 4), "la Caixa" (no. 15) y Banco Sabadell (no. 19).
PHARMACY: There is only one in Besalú, Farmacia Gratacós (C/ Ganganell, 44; phone no.: 972 591 273). Open only on Saturday, from 9.30 am to 1.30 pm). Click here to find the closest ones open at weekends.
Where to eat
These are the two restaurants sponsoring us and where we usually eat: Can Quei (Catalan traditional cuisine) and Pont Vell (modern cuisine). Here you can find some other options: Tripadvisor.
After visiting the fair, what else can I do in the area?
If you’d like to stay in the village, the Tourist Office will let you know all about it. If you’re staying for more than one day, Besalú is at the heart of two wonderful areas: La Garrotxa and the Pla de l'Estany. Find out more at Turisme Garrotxa and Turisme Pla de l'Estany.
Where to sleep
In terms of accommodation, these are the nearest options in Besalú:
- HOTELS: Hotel Comte Tallaferro , Hotel Fonda Siqués, Hotel Els Jardins de la Martana, Casa Marcial, Hotel 3 Arcs
- APPARTMENTS: Apartaments Saltarel·lo, Apartaments Cal Fuster, Casa Lucía
- HOSTELS AND CAMPSITES: Residència Maria, Càmping Besalú
- BY CAR: These are the best routes from Girona (30’), Perpignan (1 h), Barcelona (1h25’;toll-free alternative, it’ll take you about 15-20’ longer) and Zaragoza (4h30’). Unlimited free parking space here. Don’t forget you can also share a car by using apps such as Amovens or BlaBlaCar.
- BY BUS: With TEISA bus company. If you’re a group, consider buying a travel pass. Click to find the location of the stations in Girona, Barcelona and Figueres. Ride on the INDIE BUS (free ticket with the purchase of a book) on Saturday!
- BY TRAIN: To get to Besalú, the closest train stations are in Girona and Figueres. Get off and go to the bus station (in both cities they’re a few metres from the train station), then get on a TEISA bus.
- BY PLANE: The closest airports to Besalú are in Girona and Barcelona. When flying to Girona, catch the bus to Girona Bus Station; once there, TEISA, bus company will bring you to the fair. If you fly to Barcelona, the best option is the train to Passeig de Gràcia, only a 3-minute walk to TEISA bus stop to Besalú.